Marriage and civil partnerships

It is possible to register a marriage with the Royal Government of Hokoria. Registrations of marriages are handled by the Department of the Interior. Civil partnerships are not yet recognised.

How we recognise marriage

The Department of the Interior has issued the following requirements for registering a marriage.

  • At least one married person must be a Hokorian Citizen.
  • None of the married persons were under 18 at the time of marriage.
  • Married persons must be able to provide documented evidence of the marriage.

Where a registration is successful, the Department of the Interior should issue a certificate of marriage, also known as a marriage certificate. Certificates of marriage may be used within the State of Hokoria and are recognised by the Government and all public bodies.

Foreign documents

The Department of the Interior and the Department of Exterior Affairs work together to certify documents issued by foreign territories. Foreign documents may be used as evidence in a birth or death registration, though may be subject to denial in rare cases.

Documents issued by foreign territories considered as ‘micronational’ are especially subject to denial.

Get started with registration


Skip to content