Exterior travel advice: Hong Kong

The State of Hokoria borders the Chinese specially administered region of Hong Kong. The Royal Government of Hokoria maintains no formal relations with local or national Governments within China (including Hong Kong).

Entry to Hong Kong

From the State of Hokoria’s territory bordering Hong Kong, no passport or visa checks are enforced by the Royal Government of Hokoria or the Hong Kong Government. The Hong Kong Government does not recognise the State of Hokoria’s independence and does not enforce a border.

You may face border checks when entering Hong Kong from elsewhere. The Hong Kong Government may not accept a Hokorian Passport and it is advised that holders do not attempt to cross the Hong Kong border with Hokorian documents.

Safety and security

The emergency telephone number (for police, fire and ambulance) in Hong Kong is 999.

Hong Kong introduced national security laws that travellers should research and be aware of. The risk of a terrorist attack in Hong Kong is low.

Petty crime, such as theft and pickpocketing, is common in busy areas and tourist attractions. It’s recommended to keep your belongings with you at all times.


Medical services are available across Hong Kong.  It is likely that you will have to pay for your healthcare in Hong Kong.

Female and LGBTQ+ travellers

Female and LGBTQ+ travellers in particular face an elevated safety risk when travelling to foreign territories. It’s important to conduct research on attitudes towards women or LGBTQ+ people before travelling.

Skip to content